Made By My Hand
A day of making, shopping and fun!
November 17, 2018
A Day of Making, Shopping and Fun hosted throughout Historic Mooresville. Sponsored by Mooresville Mercantile.
Join us for a fun day in Historic Mooresville on November 17. You will participate in two to four workshops where you make a gift or holiday decoration; have the opportunity to shop privately with the artists who are serving as instructors for the day, as well as Mooresville businesses; feast on good food; enjoy two learning experiences during lunch; go on a private guided tour of Historic Mooresville (optional) -- plus a few extra surprises we have planned. Events will be held throughout the town. (See Venues.)
To register, please call 256-309-9085.
The day's schedule:
- Check-in opens at 7:30 at the Mooresville Mercantile showroom. Coffee and pastries provided by JaVa.Mooresville.
- Morning workshops start at 8:15. You’ll have your choice from three 3-hour workshops or two 1 ½-hour workshops.
- Lunch will be served at 11:30 at the Peebles Party Barn. Tracy Murcks of Murcks Family Chair Caning and Seat Weaving will demonstrate the traditional skills of seat weaving and caning and share her wealth of information. Natalie Ashford of Clever Container will give you Five Organizing Hints for the Holidays.
- After lunch, you’ll have your choice of shopping with our instructors, Historic Mooresville and Mooresville Mercantile or going on a guided tour of Historic Mooresville. (Instructors, town businesses and Mooresville Mercantile will be available for shopping throughout the day and after the event ends. It’s a perfect time to check-off your holiday gift list.)
- Afternoon workshops start at 1:30. There are one 3-hour workshop and six 1 ½-hour workshops to entice your creative skills.
- We end the day at the Mooresville Brick Church for Show and Tell. Share what you made during your workshops, see what others created, enjoy hot tea and cookies from JaVa.Mooresville. The event draws to a close with door prize drawings at 4:45.
Choose Your Morning Workshops