Made By My Hand
Call for Workshop Proposals
Made By My Hand
November 17, 2018
Mooresville Mercantile is accepting proposals for workshops to be presented as part of our Made By My Hand event on November 17, 2018. Made By My Hand will be a day-long event with multiple workshops, lunch and special events hosted throughout Historic Mooresville.
At each workshop, participants will make something to take with them at the end of the day. We are looking for good instructors with creative and innovative projects for the participants. Each participant will attend from two to four workshops during the day.
You will be paid for your workshop, to include materials and time, but in order to make this day successful, we need to be moderate in our prices, so please take that into consideration before applying. Instructors are encouraged to have some of their own products available to sell to participants. (Please understand that Mooresville Mercantile is hoping to only cover expenses through the event fees – we will make our profit through participants shopping at our store.) Lunch will be available for the instructors.
You are welcome to send multiple proposals. We may also repeat some workshops.
Workshop Proposals should include the following and be sent to joann@MooresvilleMercantile.com:
- Name of Workshop
- What participants will make
- Skills needed (if any)
- Supplies or tools participants should bring (if any)
- Length of workshop: 3 hours, 1 ½ hr, or 1 hr. (These are the only time lengths we will consider.)
- If you can teach a morning workshop or afternoon workshop.
- Maximum and minimum number of participants.
- Special set-up needs (water, electricity, outdoors, etc. – water and electricity will not be available at every workshop site).
- Anything we need to know about the workshop that may impact where it can be held (using smelly paints, hazardous materials, etc.)
- If you are willing to donate a door prize for the day. (Not required.)