Fall Gathering at Mooresville Mercantile
Fall Gathering at Mooresville Mercantile
Saturday, September 23
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
5081 Mooresville Road
Historic Mooresville, Alabama 35649
Fall Gathering is part of Mooresville Mercantile’s Fall Open House Weekend, so we will have all our Fall products available for purchase: pumpkin and apple butters, candles, lighted gourds, decorative items, embroidered towels and more.
(If you can't make it to Fall Gathering or our Fall Open House Weekend, shop our Fall products online. We will be adding Fall products up through Sept. 23.)
Applications are now being accepted for Fall Gathering vendors. Vendors may include small businesses, food trucks and food vendors, crafters and artists, community groups, musicians. The vendor area is under the big trees outside the showroom. The set-up is random – we do not measure out or mark booth space – and it gives an old-fashioned market day feel. When the leaves gently float down, it’s perfect – or at least, I think it is. (We do not charge vendors for this event; we consider it our gift to the community.)
A big event here at Mooresville Mercantile is the arrival of fresh bittersweet, direct from Pennsylvania. We ship in fresh bittersweet once a year and it sells fast. They cut the bittersweet on Monday, make the wreaths and bundles, pack and ship by Tuesday. It arrives either Thursday or Friday, often with berries still green – it’s fun to watch them turn their distinctive bittersweet color. Our bittersweet is, by tradition, displayed in a weather-worn blue/gray wood wheelbarrow, a gift from the woman who designs and embroiders our towels.
Again this year, we will debut our holiday Signature Design suite at Fall Gathering: Each year we commission redware potter Kay Sheaff of SpringHouse Peddler to design a plate exclusively for us. That design is shared with a small group of artisans, who interpret it in their medium.
Mooresville Mercantile’s focus is Fall for the Gathering, but we will have a select group of holiday items available for purchase.
Come celebrate Fall with us!
Mooresville Mercantile’s Fall Gathering
Saturday, September 23, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Rain or shine.
Nonprofit and community agencies, artisans and small businesses are invited to participate in Mooresville Mercantile’s Fall Gathering, September 23, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Mooresville Mercantile will select up to 30 nonprofit and community agencies, artisans and small businesses to participate in their Fall Gathering – a gathering of friends and favorites to celebrate fall.
- Nonprofit and community agencies that serve the local area.
- Local artisans and small businesses
- Must bring your own table, tents, etc.
- Must handle all your own sales.
- Must be set up before 8:30 on September 23.
- Must clean up your area when finished
- No smoking, no alcohol, no guns, no drugs.
- Agreement and release will be provided and must be signed.
- Mooresville Mercantile will advertise on internet and in print. If possible, names of organizations/businesses will be included.
- Mooresville Mercantile will design a flyer to distribute to all invited organizations.
- Participating organizations are expected to share flyers about the Fall Gathering in their business and at shows and events.
- Participating organizations are expected to promote the Fall Gathering on their website and Facebook pages.
- Each participant should provide Mooresville Mercantile with a high-quality electronic version of logo and photos of their products to use in marketing.
No cost to participating organizations and businesses
MOORESVILLE MERCANTILE HAS FINAL DECISION AS TO WHOM IS INCLUDED.
Mooresville Mercantile is not responsible for accidents, losses, weather or any other issue you may have. We only provide the space.
Rain or shine. In case of rain, there will be very limited covered space available.
If you are interested in participating:
Local artisans and businesses:
Email the following to joann@MooresvilleMercantile.com, with “Fall Gathering” and the name of your business/organization in the subject line:
- Name and address of your business
- Short description of your products.
- Price range of your products.
- A short history about yourself and your involvement with your art/craft and a short history about your art.
- Good quality photos of your products.
- If you can or will demonstrate your work during the day. Preference will be given to those who also demonstrate and/or educate about their work.
Nonprofits and community organizations:
Email the following to joann@MooresvilleMercantile.com, with “Fall Gathering” and the name of your organization in the subject line:
- Name and address of your organization
- Short description of your organization and its work
- What you will do during Fall Gathering
- Your IRS status (501(c)3, etc.)
- If you will provide any activities for adults or children.