About Our Home
Coming September 2019!
Welcome to 4855 Broad Street, Mooresville, AL 35649
Call 256-309-9085 for an appointment to see this fine home in a remarkable historic settin
About Our Home
- Designed by David Ely, AIA, inspired by work of Huntsville’s preeminent antebellum architect, George Steele.
- Designed to look and feel 200 years old, but with modern conveniences.
- Three wood-burning Rumford-style fireplaces with full masonry chimneys.
- Transoms throughout first floor.
- Floors are antique pine from a southern Alabama mill. Laid traditionally with larger and finer boards downstairs in public rooms and narrower and less fine boards upstairs in private areas.
- Trim inspired by study visits to early 1800’s homes – some not open to public.
- Hardware for front and back exterior doors and master bedroom doors made by Ball & Ball. Slide bolts on each French door are also by Ball & Ball.
- Gas heat pump down, 16 SEER.
- Electric heat pump up.
- Two Renaii gas on-demand water heaters.
- 6” exterior walls.
- Heavy insulation package. (House would have been LEED certified if we had covered fireplaces.)
- Marvin windows and Andersen French doors.
- Extra foundation support.
- Crawl space, with dual access, encapsulated.
- Ceiling fans throughout, including pergola and covered porch.
- 10’ ceilings down, 9’ and 10’ up.
- 4 ½ baths.
- Wired for landscape lighting.
- Wired for sound.
- Three bedroom suites.
- Hobby room could be 4th
- 5300 sq. ft.
- Covered entry porch.
- Very large covered side porch.
- Stone patio with wisteria-covered pergola.
- Extensive roses, boxwoods, hydrangeas, crepe myrtle.
- Oversized single car garage with workshop area
- Off-street parking
- Fenced corner lot.