Mooresville Mercantile Holiday Events and Sales
It’s that time of year! We wish each of you and your families a most joyful holiday season. This is a longer blog post, but it lists all the events (including showroom and online sales events) we’re offering this holiday season, so please read and take note.
Thanks to Dee Green of Rust and Sara Glines of Mt. Crescent Crafts, and with the assistance of Jana Rucker, the showroom is stocked, staged and ready for shoppers! We have fantastic gifts available for your selection, as well as beautiful items for your own home.
It’s the little things I’m most excited about this year:
- 100% beeswax pillars and tapers from Millhouse Candles in Maryland, each made by Diane and her husband from beeswax gathered within 300 miles of their home.
- Diane’s gorgeous (and great smelling) beeswax ornaments
- Real bayberry wax candles in gift boxes with the bayberry story
- The best selection of redware ornaments we’ve ever offered: S&J Pottery, Westmoore Pottery, SpringHouse Peddler and the Workshops of David T. Smith
- Our new Packet of Fine Goods subscription program, including the special gift subscriptions we’re offering through December.
- And, of course, our new embroidered homespun towels from Southern Traditions.
Happenings at the Showroom
- Black Friday and Small Business Saturday: Food, Savings and then, Football: The showroom will open at 10 a.m. both days. We’ll be open until 5 p.m. on Black Friday and until the game starts on Saturday. We’ll be offering light refreshments, 15% off your entire purchase (exclusions apply) and a free gift with purchase (while supplies last).
- Extended hours start Tuesday, Nov. 29: the showroom will be open 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and other times by appointment.
- We are hosting a tatting workshop on Dec. 3. Advance registration is required.
- We will be open for shopping until 6 p.m. on Dec. 10 for the Historic Mooresville Holiday Home Tour and Progressive Dinner. Please note: although everyone is able to shop at Mooresville Mercantile until 6 p.m. on Dec. 10, you cannot enter the remainder of the town unless you have reservations for the Home Tour and Progressive Dinner. Please follow directions of the deputies on duty for parking; you may not be able to park in our parking lot.
- We will close at noon Christmas Eve.
- We will not host a formal Holiday Open House this year, but we will have light refreshments available each day and will announce weekly specials each Tuesday.
- 12 Days of Christmas begins Dec. 1: for 12 days, we will be announcing one item at a special price on Facebook. These will be limited quantities; no holds.
Online and Facebook Shopping
- Black Friday and Small Business Saturday savings will begin online on Thanksgiving Day. You may save 15% on your entire purchase (exclusions apply) by using code BLACKFRIDAY15 beginning Thursday morning. This code expires Saturday evening.
- CyberMonday you’ll get free shipping with code CYBERMONDAY.
- Watch for the email listing our weekly specials each Tuesday.
- 12 Days of Christmas begins Dec. 1: for 12 days, we will be announcing one item at a special price on Facebook. These will be limited quantities; no holds, and most (but not all) may be shipped.
A Packet of Fine Goods Gift Subscriptions
For a limited time, A Packet of Fine Goods Gift Subscriptions are being offered on a two-box, three-box or four-box basis. Shipping is included in the price, at a reduced rate. (There is a surcharge for Packets mailed to addresses west of the Rockies, because our shipping charges to that region are almost triple other areas.)
How the program works: Once a quarter, we ship a box of special goodies direct to the recipient. Boxes will contain items exclusive to the subscription service, as well as new and favorite items from the showroom. Each box will have a retail value between $50-$60. Packets may include a wide variety of items: pottery, redware, tin, pewter, candles, textiles, food and drink, and much more. Our goal is to have as many fine craftsmen and artists included as possible. Because we special order all items for the subscription boxes, the quantity of boxes to be sold will be capped.
Tentative 2016/17 Shipping Schedule:
- Fall 2016 will ship within one week of order.
- Winter 2016 will start shipping at the end of November.
- Spring 2017 will start shipping at the end of March.
- Summer 2017 will start shipping at the end of June.
- Fall 2017 will start shipping at the end of September.
Packet of Fine Goods Gift Options:
- Holly Berry: two boxes (Fall/Winter or Winter/Spring)
- Pine Bough: three boxes (Fall/Winter/Spring or Winter/Spring/Summer)
- Red Ribbons: four boxes (Fall 16/Winter/Spring/Summer or Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall 17)
Recurring subscription (i.e., your card will be charged with each shipment) are also available.
We have received all expected products for the year, with the exception of a few items arriving this week. Thus, all sales are limited to items in stock.
Yes, we will have another great after-Christmas sale. Details will be announced at a later date.